First time here? Before you go on -> Read Me <- please read this. Thanx!

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

(*) Kangaroo

I painted this "Sidney Nolan"-inspired Kangaroo when I was in about First Class at school, aged about 6-ish...

These days it's framed and sitting on display on the side of my bookcase... one of the first things you see as you go to enter my bedroom here :)

I say Sidney Nolan-inspired, because I dunno why but it makes me think of Nolan's work somehow... especially the interesting tones... and the orange glowing eyes! oooohhh!!! The bush theme, the dark, sombre tones... kinda weiird for a kid to paint? Or perhaps I'm just trying to read too much into it...? yes yes, that's it...

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

On March 14, 2007 9:40 PM, Blogger jac said...

Awesome painting! I love it.
And I hope you get to take your QLD holiday with everyone!

 
On March 16, 2007 4:40 PM, Blogger broomhilda said...

I like the painting! I am sorry to hear about the kidney stones...ouch. Big hugs and sloppy cheek kisses to ya. I really enjoyed our chat, hopefully I'll chat with you again soon.
How are the boys? I'll bet their getting big. My sister is a grandmother now, we get to meet Thomas William Issac Cartwright Deckrosh in April. I can't wait, a new one to spoil and torture.

 
On March 17, 2007 1:27 AM, Blogger Deadly Female said...

I can't see it :(

 
On March 17, 2007 9:26 AM, Blogger The Dwarven One said...

Nah - I think you're reading too much into the painting. It's kinda nice though. I think the only memorable painting I did at school was of one of burnt trees. Still have it somewhere.
I hope you get to take all three kids up north for the trip. You're right - five years is a long time to be still carrying on with rubbish.
Catch ya later!

 

Post a Comment

<< RETURN HOME to the CURRENT POSTS


Blog of Mallard the Malster - some of my Thoughts, Ideas, Comments, Observations, Editorials, Musings, Rantings, Ravings and Current Objective Critical Relative Subjectivism of Maljam the Loopey Mallard 

Message Board Banner

face